The product releases keep coming. Today marks the release of Adobe Lightroom 4. According to Amazon you can buy it today and it ships tomorrow. There is a new price for this releases, $149 for the full version and $79 for the education or upgrade version. I am going to wait a few weeks to get the new version as there are generally a few kinks to work out whenever software is released and I prefer to let other people work through them.
Here are the new features that were touted in the beta release:
- Highlight and shadow recovery brings out all the detail that your camera captures in dark shadows and bright highlights.
- Photo book creation with easy-to-use elegant templates.
- Location-based organization lets you find and group images by location, assign locations to images, and display data from GPS-enabled cameras.
- White balance brush to refine and adjust white balance in specific areas of your images.
- Additional local editing controls let you adjust noise reduction and remove moiré in targeted areas of your images.
- Extended video support for organizing, viewing, and making adjustments and edits to video clips.
- Easy video publishing lets you edit and share video clips on Facebook and Flickr®.
- Soft proofing to preview how an image will look when printed with color-managed printers.
- Email directly from Lightroom using the email account of your choice.
Will anyone else be upgrading?
Also, don’t forget tomorrow is the new iPad announcement!